News story about rip-offs at Jiffy Lube in CA

Sometimes when we try to be too open minded our brains fall out . If a patern of behavior makes its self obvious it is foolish and costly to ignore it. For instance I assume all rattlesnakes bite.Doug White

Reply to
dougwhitesr

This is the stupidest thread that has come along in a long time.

This type of quick serve franchise ripoff stuff has been around since the sixties. The name of the franchise, and the individuals surnames, may have changed, but the problem hasn't. Just because the media has this chosen this as the problem de-jour, it gets everyone in a foaming frenzy. And to think how dumb one must be to actually go to a place like this and just assume everything is going to be hunky dory. And to think of how ludicrous it is to believe that a dealership is a safe haven from this kind of treatment. And to think that this would be the weekly launcing platform for the left ng'ers and right ng'ers... (and those that are sworn to independence and those that can't make up their minds)... to toss useless barbs at each other...

Now... Here's my beef... There's this forum, the SDC forum, the truck forum, the Stude racing forum, the AOAI forum, and the eieio forum. Why, oh why must some people go and post the same post on all of them?

Reply to
Jeff Rice

I blame Jiffy-Lube.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Aanderud

Reply to
John Poulos

So now it's the Navy's fault.

As a white male born in the US, you became a target long before your "Navy race relations training"... so there's no need to sit around and wait for it.

It's a shame Barry didn't use the name Washington or Jefferson... you wouldn't have a clue to start questioning whether or not the person was white or black.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Aanderud

A piss poor analogy, animals act on instinct. Snakes bite, fire burns, but humans have choices. Some believe humans have a soul, all would agree they are capable of choosing how to behave. To think that behavior is based on anything but the content of of a individuals character is just wrong headed IMHO. We all do it, even yours truly. I recall my fear while flea marketing as a bunch of tattooed bikers were heading to my table. Turned out to be a polite, friendly group that became some of my best customers. Yes, some bikers are really bad dudes, but they don't all "bite".

Reply to
John Poulos

Reply to
John Poulos

My lifes experiences have taught me different, for your good I hope we can continue to disagree Doug

Reply to
dougwhitesr

Yep

Yep

But what should an ignorant person do and how do you get the message to him/her? They don't read this type NGs, nor the newspaper, nor listenn to car talk, nor watch the consumer advisor on the TV news, etc... Obviously, the channels that carry ads aren't abpu to bite the hand that feeds them, either.

Hell, Jeff, advising on the right type of yo-yo string could set it off. (and maybe even rope in me, too, if some (other) idiot says something stupid (to my way of thinking.)

When I respond to a cross-poster (on other NGs) I try to remember to delete all but "my" group. It's easy to miss this with Google - some folks might not even know how to do it.

Karl

Reply to
midlant

Karma, shmarma... put your tie-dyed, flower power, t-shirt back in the closet John. So being born white makes me "privileged"? I wonder why I bother busting my ass then... when I could sit back and be a taxpayer burden like I see so many around me doing. The only "privileged" people I know are those who are born with a silver spoon up their ass and live off of grandpa's money and work/swindling.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Aanderud

I have stayed off of this thread because it got so silly.

Most libruls like some here really go ballistic when a white heterosexual expresses the least hint of 'prejudice", but those same oh-so-tolerant people think nothing of characterizing ALL white southerners & Christians as a bunch of ignorant crackers and think nothing of it. I have never heard a librul make excuses for southerners & Christians the way they make excuses for aliens and minorities.

One tends to wonder if the person doing the brain washing for the Navy got promoted to the CIA to work on mind control, since he evidently did such a good job on JP. lol

-- Barry'd in Studes

58 Packard Hawk 40 President 39 Coupe Exp. 59 DeLuxe 1/2 tn. 56 Packard "400"
Reply to
Barry

Common Barry,

There's good and bad in all people. The gang-banger who will give CPR to an injured person, the preacher trying to figure out how he can tap the blonde in the third pew in the North side; the Mafia killer contributing cash to the Community Chest; the drunk driver backing MAAD; the Professor of Ethics who finds a $20 left in the ATM and doesn't call back the previous user, who is only 20 feet down the sidewalk; the state safety inspector who will ignore an expensive problem with his dads car, who "drives slowly and only a few miles a week."

Everyone is a mixyure of good and bad - you and I certainly are. Anyone out there think thay don't fit in with us?

Karl

Barry wrote:

Reply to
midlant