Nice '61Lark on ebay

Funny how what I used to think was the ugliest now seems to be the neatest. This is a well optioned car. Strangely, I like the two extra doors. I like the dual headlight '61. Is seem to blend the old and newer body style perfectly. Like it says. Not for show, but a great driver. I keep going back and looking at it.

I know I shouldn't but...

I'm falling in love with it.

Too GD far away. RRR

Reply to
Rat Hawk

I've always been partial to the '61s. They had a lot of firsts- counter balanced hood, suspended pedals, cowl air intake, ohv 6, etc. My first new car was a '61 Cruiser and I dearly loved it- 259 a/t, reclining seats, pb radio, backups- cost me a little over $2400. I added air a year later and made it nearly perfect. Paul Johnson

Reply to
Paul Johnson

Pacific, Washington is about 20 miles south of Seattle. Ergo, rain rust. The door jams don't look to good. And why did someone go to all this work and not paint the jams???

The guy is nuts with a BIN at $7500. $2000 might be interesting.

Reply to
fstarr

Maybe I'm weird, but I actually like the bottom hinged pedals. I find the pedal layout in my 914 do be darn near ergonomically perfect, they kept the bottom hinged gas pedal for the 944 but suspended the other ones for some reason :( Actually in a pinch, an old Porsche/VW gas pedal could probably be modified to work on a Stude and nobody would notice. It might be my imagination but I think the frame-mounted MC in a Stude gives a little better brake pedal feel as well. The Stude layout isn't quite as good though, the brake pedal is a little off for perfect heel-and-toe downshifts.

That said, it is a nice looking little car. I like the 61-62 dash the best of all the Lark/sedan types.

nate

Reply to
N8N

It looks to be at Gordon's trucking - abt 15 seconds off hwy 167 (less than 1/2 hr away from the airport). Funny thing - for years about 1/2 block away sat the shell of a bullet nose. Then it was gone, now this shows up.

Rob

snipped-for-privacy@oz.net wrote:

Reply to
Rob Stokes