Off Topic, but still good. A veteran's story

It's sort of a salute to all our veterans.

Dave Miller So. Ga Cruiser

Reply to
So. Ga. Cruiser

I say good for the old boy! It still makes one feel good even after all those years. My dad had the same thing happen to him, altho he didn't have to petition the white house for his bronze star. The vets deserve all the credit they are awarded. What really makes their day is when a current soldier comes up to them and says thanks. Next u see a vet, thank him, or her, for what they've done as the government certainly hasn't by the lack of support, then, and now.

Reply to
Pckstude

What makes me choke is when they come up to me and say thanks - I can't give it back to them fast enough. I don't feel like I've done enough to deserve the thanks from these guys.

Dan

Pckstude wrote:

Reply to
Dan Kay

Barry, git your reading glasses on, says SOUTH Korea!

Jim

Reply to
Jim Turner

Jim,

I got in there and fixed it. He was right.

Our 21 year-old blonde reporterette with NO life experience, a lousy education, and no point reference or world view, botched it.

D. M.

Reply to
So. Ga. Cruiser

After having spent 20 years in radio, a lot of it in news, it amazes me how so many stories today - whether in print or in the broadcast media - make it through "fact check" and what passes for story editing to day with inaccuracies and just plain untruths.

Glad to know someone's on the ball!

cn

Reply to
showbizkid