Omaha Pictures

Finally got my pictures posted of Omaha..Had a new digital camera to use so there are a few lemons. Have had fun looking at others that have been posted. Thanks to all NG'ers who did. Looking forward to SB. Dave B

--

63 Avanti R1493
Reply to

Barry

Reply to
JohnNoregon

You have good taste. That model is called a "Coupe Express" (Model J-5) Built from 1937 to 1939 with a body style change each year. Approximately 3,000 were built in '37, 1,200 in '38, and 1,000 in '39. (The name 'Coupe Express' was used by Studebaker in the 40's on the M series pickup, but it was in the advertisements only..) The Coupe Express pickup trucks shared the body sheet metal from the passenger car, with an all steel pickup bed.. A very desirable, and sought after model. Premium pricing is paid for all models, even rusted hulks. Hope the info helps. Jeff

"JohnNoreg> Dave B could you please give me some >> Finally got my pictures posted of Omaha..Had a new digital camera to use >> so

Reply to
Jeff Rice

Reply to
mbstude

Reply to
JohnNoregon

J-5 is the model designation, but everybody in the Stude world call them 'Coupe Express'.... Jeff

"JohnNoreg> Jeff, I want to thank you for the info on the J-5 ( I presume that it

Reply to
Jeff Rice