OT Car Talk Puzzler.

This latest one - about the lady driving home after work - is a snap, or really hard. You should have it in a matter of seconds.If not, you're not usiong your imagination!

A recent one about the family on a car journey from, let's say, Virginia to NYC, was more interesting. The question was which part of the car travelled the most on that trip.

I finally came down to figuring it was a tooth on the flywheel. It was going around as well as going forward. I'll stick by this as it was travelling on a spiral whereas other parts of the car were going in a straight line. The pistons and the piston rod big end bearing were travelling more than mpst of the other parts, with the radiator fan a possibility. Anyhow, Tom and Ray po-pooed oily nerds like me and claimed it was the ignition key that went from the house, into the car, then with the car, then with the driver into the resturant and so on. That was the winner. I should protest and I guess I am here doing to - to deaf ears!

Several weeks ago, I sent a 'letter to the editor' of the local paper showing how the electrical company could suply needed power at a lower cost, but chose not to do so. It was full of detail and well reasoned. It was not printed.

Last week, I sent a very short version, with no detail, just using a technical term few would understand. That one was printed. Part of this letter also included one sentence some 34 words in length - an amlost sure thing to make it rejected.

Go figure!

Reply to
Karl Haas

when they have exerted the utmost of their fury. All the kings of the earth, before God, are as grasshoppers; they are nothing, and less than nothing: both their love and their hatred is to be despised. The wrath of the great King of kings, is as much more terrible than theirs, as his majesty is greater. Luke 12:4,5. "And I say unto you, my friends, Be not afraid of them that kill the body, and after that, have no more that they can do. But I will forewarn you whom you shall fear: fear him, which after he hath killed, hath power to cast into hell: yea, I say unto you, Fear him."

It is the fierceness of his wrath that you are exposed to. We often read of the fury of God; as in Isa. 59:18. "According to their deeds, accordingly he will repay fury to his adversaries." So Isa. 66:15. "For behold, the Lord will come with fire, and with his chariots like a whirlwind, to render his anger with fury, and his rebuke with flames of fire." And in many other places. So, Rev. 19:15, we read of "the wine press of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God." The words are exceeding terrible. If it had only been said, "the wrath of God," the words would have implied that which is infinitely dreadful: but it is "the fierceness and wrath of God." The fury of God! the fierceness of Jehovah! Oh

Reply to
Karl Haas