OT Street names

In Palm Springs, where the AOAI meet was last spring, they name many street after stars who used to live or visit. There is a Gene Sutry Blvd and a Frank Sinatra Drive

I always thought they should have named another street for him, too - My Way.

San Diego smaller roads include Goesno Place and Short Street.

Karl

Reply to
midlant

In Cary NC there is a street named "Yubinaranda Circle".

Jeff DeWitt

snipped-for-privacy@earthl> In Palm Springs, where the AOAI meet was last spring, they name many

Reply to
Jeffrey DeWitt

In Jacksonville, Fl. there was a private drive that went to a shooting range that had a hand-made sign " No Road", so when Bubba the Brainiac from local DOT mapped out area he wrote "noroad". The sign erected now actually says "noroad" . Y'all just gotta know when to smile and move on..................

Reply to
oldcarfart

A few local ones that come to mind: Thisaway, and of course Thataway. We have a Sesame St., a Big Bird Ln. a Four Wheel Drive, and a Toe Jam Hill Rd.

Reply to
Dwain G.

I worked a place that was where a wide street narrowed for a curve. No one drove near the RH curb in front of our building, the last before the curve. There were no parking space lines. One day I came into work and parked at an angle to the curb. The rest of the crew did the same. This followed on for a while with no tickets or complaints. Eventually, the city crew came by to renew the center line paint markings and marked our spaces to coincide with the way we parked, after we moved our cars so they could do so. One for the little guy...

Karl

Reply to
midlant

We have another road near here that was called "Old NC 42" on the highway signs, but was also State Route 1010. Everyone always refered it just as 1010.

A few years ago they made up a new batch of signs, it's now "Tenten Road".

Then there was Rhamkatte Road...

Jeff DeWitt

snipped-for-privacy@earthl>

Reply to
Jeffrey DeWitt

This reminds me of a comedian on Comedy Central a few weeks ago... Henry Cho.

"My friend J.B. has a hard time on account he's an idiot. On Star Trek when they say 'to boldly go where no one has gone before', he thought Boldy Go was another planet. But it's not his fault, his parents are idiots for naming him J.B...and that doesn't even stand for anything, that's the guy's name! J.B.! So on his driver's license form he wrote J only, B only Stewart. It came back to him Jonly Bonly Stewart. So now he's Jonly Bonly from Boldly Go."

Lee

Reply to
Lee Aanderud

Sounds like the pay lists posted on the mess decks in the Navy. (They probably stopped that years ago.) Karl

Reply to
midlant

me of a comedian on Comedy Central a few weeks ago... Henry

Reply to
oldcarfart

These were cases of people, like Harry S Truman, having a middle initial but no middle name. He would have been listed as Truman, Harry S(only), IIFC.

Karl

Reply to
midlant

In Louisiana , we had a short street a block long, that ran by the Junior High school, and connected our subdivision to the next subdivision. No houses facing that street, and no street name.

everyone referred to it as "alice street"

when the city annexed us into the city limits in 1973, they had to name it something....

Alice Street.

Reply to
betrtimes

Tait Street, 'tait one, 'tain the other!

Reply to
oldcarfart

Just west of Williamsport PA off of US220 is a road called "Spook Hollow Road", I've avoided driving down it just because it can't possibly be as cool as it's name.

Jeff DeWitt

snipped-for-privacy@earthl>

Reply to
Jeffrey DeWitt

we have one in the hills near here. Town of day. calvin...beaver hollow road...

Reply to
am not r2