Out on a limb

Ok here goes, I know I'm new to the world of studebakers and studebaker brethren (and brethwoman) so I'm going to just throw caution to the wind and ask............are there any Frank Zappa fans out there in the studebaker community? I know that might seem a little strange, but I have my reasons (which I will divulge at a later time)

Reply to
Larkylou

Let me guess, does this have anything to do with Frank Zappa and the Mothers of Invention's album "Just Another Band from LA"?

Jeff DeWitt

Reply to
Jeff DeWitt

ding ding ding we have a winner!

Reply to
Larkylou

Reply to
Jeff

quoted text -

"Ethel was a tree.." you got it You're the big weiner:).......When's the last time you listened or heard any Zappa?

Reply to
Larkylou

Actually I think thats "Billy THE Mountain"!

Jeff DeWitt

Jeff wrote:

Reply to
Jeff DeWitt

Would you believe... I just looked and found the jacket for that album but the record itself wasn't in there, it was sitting on my Studebaker turntable!

I pulled it out and listened to it a few months ago for the first time in probably decades, talk about your 70's drug music!

Jeff DeWitt

Larkylou wrote:

Reply to
Jeff DeWitt

You're right, ironically enough,Frank didn't do drugs!

Reply to
Larkylou

Wait a minute,you have a "studebaker turntable"?

Reply to
Larkylou

Yep! And a Studebaker portable radio, a Studebaker pocket radio, and a Studebaker clock radio with a built in CD player.

A few years ago someone marketed a batch of retro styled cheap Chinese audio gear with the Studebaker name on them... I got the whole set .

My turntable came from Target for something like $60.

Jeff DeWitt

Reply to
Jeff DeWitt

That's pretty cool! I need a new Boom Box. I only have 6 of them now,but none work completely.

Reply to
Larkylou

Hmmm...Ever stay at a Holiday Inn?

Mudshark Dave

Reply to
The Other Dave

That stuff was indeed "cheap."

Of the four items I bought, only one works today and only partially...

JT

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

quoted text -

Yes I have...."watch out for that yellow snow"

Reply to
Larkylou

quoted text -

Reply to
Pat Drnec

Where's that Dynah Mo comin from? and is your wrist numb?

Sorry I missed the meet in SB but I was "on the bus" !

: mel (aka crew sl*#)

Reply to
Mel