Pertronix Test???

Is there a simple bench test for a Pertronix?

TIA

JT

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

Transtar60

What I have done is pull the distributor and wire it with an aligator clip jumper wire. Once you have it set up free you can put spark gap tool on the distributor wire and clip the clip to ground. Energize it and then spin the distributor by hand. If it is working the spark gap tool will arc six or eight times per revolution depending if it is a six or eight cylinder unit.

Reply to
Studebaker Kid

That should be easy to do as the distributor is already out. I replaced it with a standard point/condenser unit a while back. I'll give it a try.

JT

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

Reply to
Barry

I have had both a Pertronix (in a window Delco) and a MoPar unit from Dave T-Bow. Both worked fine, I got my Pertronix from Ted Harbit, but you would have to order it from Fairborn now. The MoPar I got from Dave. Depending on how much you want to spend, I think I'd spring for the all new unit that Dave sells now. Paul Johnson

Reply to
Paul Johnson

The more that I consider the issue, the more that I lean back towards a good reliable and simple points 'n condenser.

JT

Barry wrote:

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire