Power Steering hard lines

I was admiring the relative simplicity of the power steering hoses on my Ford Ranger, which run directly from pump to steering box; and noticed a two wire switch in the pressure line, near the box. This is on a very basic '93, with few options. I thought at first I'd gotten crossed up with a brake line; but Gates lists the hose as having a port for a switch. I don't see it in my wiring diagrams. What could it be for? Mike M.

Reply to
Mike