Bending power steering line

Is it very difficult to bend steel power steering lines. I have a 66 inline 6 mustang that I need to replace the steel portion ofhe return line from the pump to the control valve. It needs to be custom bend and had rather do it myself. It has gotten kinked where it connects to the control valve and is leaking pretty bad and I think if I do the bends myself I could do a better job than whoever did it last.

Richard

Reply to
rburge58

No, it's not difficult at all. You need a tubing wrech, tubing bender, tubing cutter, and a flare tool.

Reply to
.boB

Same deal as brake lines. Tubing bender and a flare tool. I actually used brake line to make power steering lines and replace a section of PS line (using brake fittings) for a winter beater. The only gotcha might be some odd shaped flares that can't be made with a standard flare tool. I wouldn't think a '66 mustang would have any.

Reply to
Brent P