Sad Day

Loaded my pal, and Sheba's soul mate onto the Transport just now.

Goliath is going back home to Indiana, just 40 miles from his birth place.

Is this good? I've never used this type of strap. The really squished the tires, an put a lot of pressure at the top of the tire.

Anyway, BuFord the tractor is happy. He's been outside under a tarp for the last three years, Winter, Spring, Summer, and Fall. I think I heard him giggle when he got his part of the Quonset back.

Dave's Place

I prefer the fore and aft tiedowns, these also appear not to be low enough on the tire (I like then down to spindle height).

Reply to
oldcarfart

Warning- Sheba may start exhibiting bizarre behavior in grieving for Goliath. Paul Johnson

Reply to
Paul Johnson

Cal,

If my memory is correct, you once hauled a car inside a box truck (company shall remain nameless). I may need to do the same thing to get my '22 to the national meet this year.

Please tell the story of how you got it off and on, and how you secured it. You Navy Chiefs are so resourceful!

GeorgeR

Reply to
George Rohrbach

I asked Peg to use those straps or the over the axle version since the chain tie downs tear the frame.

Dave's Place wrote:

Reply to
John Poulos

You have to watch the brake lines with the over the axle straps.

Chip

Reply to
cjdaytonjrnospam

George.... Did you get my e-mail regarding the Dictator nose trim clip request? Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Rice

There was also a trailer hooked to the box truck.

Freddy (unindicted co-conspirator) Badgett

Reply to
Freddy Badgett

George, email me. But you need to find a Hindu-Hilton that rents yellow DIY home move trucks that have no wheel well bumps, get some big nails or lag screws (screws better idea after 20-20 hindsight), tie down straps and 2 x 4's, a rollback and find a parking lot with a

4" in 12" tier between terraces. You should be glad I don't drink as this is a multi-beer story and a leg wetter. Put a Navy Chief, and a plumber from Mayberry together and it's a basis for a sitcom
Reply to
oldcarfart

Using a roll-back tow truck to load or unload a non-runner is the easiest way if you don't mind paying for his services. Get one that is equipped with a wheel-lift. He can adjust his bed height as needed.

Reply to
Dwain G.