new rear/ new brakes

finally got the rear changed in my 52 r cab [259/supercharged/ 3sp od] from an open rear with 489 gears to a 331 twin traction. rpm at 60 went from 3,000 to 1800. the new gear set works great on the flat lands of the eastern shore of maryland. i was worried that 1st gear would bog down off the line but the 259 winds up quickly even with the 331 gears. all 5 forward speeds are responsive to the gas pedal and it really has made the truck a blast to drive. also finally got the turner brakes installed up so that the truck actually stops when i want it to not when it wants to. what a difference these two changes have made. life is good. ed aka Mr. Speed

Reply to
edjellis

Superb! Glad to hear the combo works well. Jeff

finally got the rear changed in my 52 r cab [259/supercharged/ 3sp od]

Reply to
Jeff Rice