Missing the "vw sound"

I don't know what it is about my 67 bus .. but it seems to be missing the VERY FAMILIAR vw sound .... With my 71 bus I used to enjoy a slow drive - windows open - around this big lake .. liked the sound of my engine etc. But on this bus .. it is different .. hard to say what is missing .. but something is. It doesn't sound BAD .. it just doesn't sound familiar.

--

--==>> Diane AKA JeWitch©

Reply to
::: Diane aka JeWitchT :::

Check the top of the engine. If it reads H.O.N.D.A you were cheated by the po :-)

"::: Diane aka JeWitchT :::" schreef in bericht news:3f461849$1_5@127.0.0.1...

Reply to
Black Baja

You are probably refering to fweeming. Take a look in the "Fweemenabling the pea shooters" thread 4 days back.

Bill, '67 bug.

Reply to
Bill Spiliotopoulos

.................Hey Winnoc, you've been gone for a long time it seems.

...........For all of you newbies, before there was a 'Legendary Camo Baja' there was the 'Black Baja'.

:-)

Reply to
Tim Rogers

On Fri, 22 Aug 2003 18:21:21 GMT, "Tim Rogers" left Mt Vesuvius in a state of jealous awe as he began spewing from the mouth thusly:

Before there was sliced bread, there was unsliced bread. ;-)

-- Travis (Shaggie) '63 VW Camo Baja...

corrodes the vessel that carries it.The statements above reflect my own opinions and experiences and nothing more.I don't pretend to be a professional mechanic, politician, philosopher,attorney, or chiropractor.Take any advice in this post at your own risk, and with a grain of salt."Milk is for babies. Beer is for men." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

Reply to
travis

There is only one Legendary Baja around these here parts, and Shaggie is going to going to have to strap on his gun belt to protect the LCB's honor.

You know I was thinking (actually just thought of it now) that they have events and cruises for 57 & earlier cars and Cal Look cruises etc., so how about the Baja Olympics.

This event would not only test driving ability, but athletic ability as well to see who really is a man, and not just a woman in disguise. :o) This event would make the Baja 500 look like a kids game.

Here is a rough idea of how this event would work: We would have to have it at the hill of doom, as most legitimate business operators would let us have an event like this at their location.

It would be like a Baja Triathalon. Each Baja driver would have a navigator.

Part 1 of 3. Car Show

Every event has a car show, although this part would carry the least weight in points. Unlike most car shows, the car with the most mud already on it and rock chips etc. would be most likely selected at the show winner. The most manly Baja would win. The car show would be judged by secret ballot by judges selected from members of Ramva in good standing. First place winner would get

3 points and 2nd 2 etc..

Part 2 or 3

The Hill Climb.

Here is where the althletic ability comes into play. The navigator and driver are standing next to the Baja. When they get the signal, the navigator has to sprint 2/10 of a mile to where a judge is standing. The judge will hand them a Football, a roll of tape and a key to the Baja. The navigator has to tape the key securely to the Football and sprint back to a point 50 feet from the baja and driver. He then would toss the football and attached key to the driver and then sprint towards the car. The driver grabs the ball, rips the key off and the car takes off up the hill. Only complication is that 3 flags have been placed at different locations on the hill. This would be a timed event, so the driver would want to slow down as little as possible while the navigator grabbed a flag. If a car runs over a flag, that would deduct 10 seconds off their time for a broken flag. When they get to the the top of the hill, the navigator hands the judge the the flags, and in turn is handed a 3 oz glass of extra hot Tobasco sauce and a 16 oz can of ice cold Budweiser. He then drinks the hot sauce, and cools off by chugging the Bud. The stopwatch is stopped only after the Bud is finished, and that is the time you ran for that event. First place 6 points Second 5 etc.

Part 3 or 3

The Baja-A-War. This is where you face off with your Baja like a tractor pull, except this is done in the mud. The navigator can ride along if they have recovered from the Tobasco. A chain is conneced to the two cars, and the challange is to drag the other car across the painted line. The bigger engine might not be what detemines the winner. A good set of tires and a strong clutch would probably do more. First place is 9 points, second 8 etc.

The Baja team with the most points at the end wins and are real men.

Just charge a couple of bucks for spectator admission to pay for the Beer, flags etc, and give the remaining money to the winners at the end.

Just another nutty idea. :o)

Bill Berckman

67 Beetle Pictures at
Family Reunion Show Sept 21 2003 Cincinnati OH
Bill Berckman

On 23 Aug 2003 08:39:04 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comSPAMOUT (Bill Berckman) left Mt Vesuvius in a state of jealous awe as he began spewing from the mouth thusly:

Let's nip this thing in the bud. :-)

The only place on my car without mud is the front left wheel that I just replaced. Oh, wait... I went offroading with Gary after that. It's also covered in mud. Nevermind.

I'll start practicing for the hot sauce/beer part right away. ;-)

Maybe, but it sounds like fun to me. Even the loser gets to play in the mud and drink beer. :-D