Still finding stuff missing

A friend of mine pays me a few bucks a month to store a couple cars and I take them out for a nice long ride sometimes if he hasn't had a chance in a while. I pulled his GT Hawk out last week and noticed that it wouldn't turn sharp to the right but would turn fine to the left...I had only limited time in the drivers seat and never noticed that before...and the car had been to a good alignment shop...they either chose to ignore it or didn't catch it either. No problem, up in the air to check it and of course, someone had not centered the steering before installing the pitman arm. I pulled the nut and reached over into my toolbox for the little puller I had for thirty years that worked so well for this job....and it was gone...another victim of the burglary. I then remembered that the puller was on a cart that the thieves emptied. I had that puller so long I don't remember where I got it. It wasn't specifically for those arms (with the engine in the car) but it worked perfect for that job. And people wonder why I get meaner as I get older.. Studebaker George

Reply to
Studebaker George

Makes me think of the old Steve Martin skit on Saturday Night Live when SNL was still good. The skit took place back in the Viking/Pillage & Plunder days in a court room. It was sentencing day for a convicted criminal... Steve looks up the sentence in the sentencing book.... "On the count of theft, off with your right hand... on the count of lying, out with your tongue, on the final count of adultery.... oh, dear lord".

Oh for the days when criminals were dealt with correctly.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Aanderud