Studebaker R3 Engine For Sale B103

I have an original Granetelli B103 R3 engine for sale. Please email me at snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com for information. This is essentially brand new and museum quality. Serious inquiries only please.

Nimesh

Reply to
nsolanki77

satdoc2 via CarKB.com

I'll take 3 at 5K.

satdoc2 via CarKB.com wrote:

Reply to
John Poulos

I would be looking in the $20k range. Probably the best R3 in existence. But I know how most stude people are with their money, so I'll probably end up keeping it. But if anyone knows about what parts would cost, if you can find them, you would understand.

Nimesh

Reply to
nsolanki77

Reply to
satdoc2 via CarKB.com

Reply to
jimandkathiekrise

Do you know which rods are in it, i.e. clamp bolt? R3 heads or ported and polished R2 (I don't recall where the break point in serial # was here)? Balance tag still with the engine?

-- wf.

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Reply to
randee

Take payments?

Bo

Reply to
64daytonaht

The rods do NOT have a clinch bolt. It is an interference fit between the rod and wrist pin. The heads are genuine 1555479 casting number R3 heads. There are a lot of myths as to the heads running out. I know of B24 that has ported/polished R2 heads. Mine is B103 with REAL heads. B108 belongs to a friend of mine and it also has REAL R3 heads. Balanced tag was almost deteriorated as it was an aluminum tag. I still have the remains of it. There really is no REAL breaking point on the Heads. I know of early engines that have R2 heads and really late engines with REAL heads. Also, the rod situation is also a myth. The theory that I am going by is that if you have a Red oil pan, you have the good rods and if you have a black oil pan, you have the regular rods with the clinch bolt. I know of 6 other engines that belong to friends of mine and 3 of them have black oil pans and the regular rods. The red oil pan ones have the good rods. Hope this helps

Reply to
nsolanki77

I would consider taking payments depening on how much is put down.

ns

Reply to
nsolanki77

Don't recall ever hearing the story about rod type and pan color. However somewhere I may still have my old correspondence with Paxton (I bought a Paxton engine back around '67-'69). In the correspondence he pointed out that although they had parts for several more R3 blocks on hand, they were going to be shortly out of R3 heads and after the R3 heads were gone they would supply ported and polished R2 heads as they had done on some earlier engines. I wound up with the ported/polished heads on my motor (bought the R3 heads separately later form elsewhere).

No idea now what serial number was >

Reply to
randee

Reply to
Michael - Roseland FL

"How sweet would that be?"

And to think, I thought there was no way to top your R4 Avanti...

Matthew

Reply to
mbstude

Is your flooring sheet of black and white squares or individual adhesive tiles? I like the look and want to do simular for my retail shop.

Reply to
oldcarfart

The flooring in my engine room has black and white tiles that are 1 square feet each. I wanted to go for a retro look. My garage has the grey U-Coat It on it and it's the best floor I have ever seen. I've dropped stuff on it and it doesn't chip unless it is something really heavy like a water pump or something. Dropping sockets, ratchets, or anything like that does not harm it.

Nimesh

Reply to
nsolanki77

"I would consider taking payments depending on how much is put down." ______________________________ I'm guessing it "puts down" about 320 foot-pounds, give or take a G.

Only an old battleship sailor could know what a near-miss by 15-inchers feels like, but a gunnery officer aboard "Bismarck" said "It ripped a scream from your body." Think of that, but in a Studebaker. Then imagine it being felt by the snot-nosed kid in the fart-piped tuner next to you at the stoplight.

Now, gents, step right up--and gauge those 'payments' accordingly.

Reply to
comatus

replying to nsolanki77, David H. wrote: Nimesh, do you still have the R3 engine for sale? I have a 63 Avanti with a weak R1.

Reply to
David H.