R3 Crate Engine Wanted

Anyone have an R3 crate engine for sale?

Reply to
Michael - Roseland FL

I think the last one just sold.....

Michael - Roseland FL wrote:

Reply to
Pat Drnec

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Nemish can probably build you one and put it in a crate.

Reply to
Jerry Forrester

I am looking for a real one Jerry.

Jerry Forrester (no spam) wrote:

Reply to
Michael - Roseland FL

Only sale I could find for an R3 was here:

Aug 2 2003 at Meadow Brook Hall auction (wherever that is). It was in a

64 Avanti and went for $48,400

I'd be tempted.

Michael - Roseland FL wrote:

Reply to
Pat Drnec

Reply to
John Poulos

"Only sale I could find for an R3 was Aug 2 2003 at Meadow Brook Hall auction (wherever that is)."

#2 concours in the country, at the Dodge mansion.Art show, high tea, string quartet, and where I met Gordon Buehrig. Guess they missed out on the Red Bull concession.

Reply to
comatus

I am sure someone has an R3 sitting in the garage. I am not looking for a brand new engine, just what is designated as a crate engine. Used is fine.

snipped-for-privacy@bex.net wrote:

Reply to
Michael - Roseland FL

It'd be cheaper to buy a crate engine Hemi.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Aanderud

Jon Myer has several used ones. Whether or not he would sell one is another matter. Paul Johnson

Reply to
Paul Johnson

Michael,

As far as I know, the term "crate engine" means a new or fully rebuilt engine, ready to install.

Gord Richmond

Reply to
Gordon Richmond

New.

Reply to
randee

I understand a crate engine should be new but in the R series world it describes the way it came (meaning it was not installed at the factory), not the way it exists presently.

randee wrote:

engine, ready to

Reply to
Michael - Roseland FL

engine, ready to

Reply to
John Poulos

I don't think that you will find a NOS "crate engine". Get a block, surface off the serial # pad, spend $400 to $800 for correct character restamping dies and make your own R3

Reply to
Ron Butts

I agree with randee, New. jf

Reply to
jerrystudebaker

Yep. New it is. That was my understanding, but I put totally rebuilt in there, thinking perhaps a "factory rebuild", complete from oil pan to air cleaner might qualify.

Some engines are obviously not available new in any way, shape, or form. But you can buy rebuilds in a crate.

I'd say, that, lacking any other descriptor, a "crate" engine should be considered to be new production.

Gord Richmond

Reply to
Gordon Richmond