Studes Preferred

There are 8 Studes in this video. These boys are cooking! Wait till you hear the 8th one scream.

dwcars

They're all geared so tall they almost fall on their faces trying to get off the starting line. Several Studes in this one. The Buick sounds like a very bad boy!

dwcars

Reply to
dwcars

Reply to
dwcars

Reply to
dwcars

As I understand many of the cars have NASCAR style frames underneath and NASCAR type Chevy motors despite the brand of bodywork.

Reply to
zoombot

They're virtually timeless in design.

Hell, my old Power Hawk exhibited sculpting that wax unheard of from Detroit for years following and of course the rakish Avanti that started today's "modern" stance.

Yet, the square boxes from Deetroyt are worth more...

JT

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

Good, that way maybe I can afford Studebakers for at least a little while longer. Joe Roberts

Reply to
Joe Roberts

-love, have been perfectly unjust out of opposition. The sure way of losing a just cause has been to get it recommended to these men by their near relatives.

Justice and truth are two such subtle points that our tools are too blunt to touch them accurately. If they reach the point, they either crush it, or lean all round, more on the false than on the true.

Man is so happily formed that he has no... good of the true, and several excellent of the false. Let us now see how much... But the most powerful cause of error is the war existing between the senses and reason.

  1. We must thus begin the chapter on the deceptive powers. Man is only a subject full of error, natural and ineffaceable, without grace. Nothing shows him the truth. Everything deceives him. These two sources of truth, reason and the senses, besides being both wanting in sincerity, deceive each other in turn. The senses mislead the Reason with false appearances, and receive from Reason in their turn the same trickery which they apply to her; Reason has her revenge. The passions of the soul trouble the senses, and make false impressions upon them. They rival each other in falsehood and deception.

But besides those errors which arise accidentally and through lack

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

is dead.'"

[153]Ps. 44:4. Gladio tuo- "Thy sword, O most mighty." [154]Heb. 10:5. "When he cometh into the world." [155]Joel. 2:28. "I will pour out my spirit."

156Ps. 21:28. "All peoples shall come and worship him."

157Is. 49:6. "It is a light thing that thou shouldst be my servant," etc.

158Ps. 2:8. "Ask of me."

159Ps. 71:11. "All kings shall fall down before him."

160Ps. 34:11. "Witnesses rise up."

161Lam. 3:30. "He giveth his cheek to him that smiteth him."

162Ps. 68:22. Dederunt in escam meam fel. "They gave me also gall for my meat."

163Is. 49:6. "It is a light thing that thou shouldst be my servant," etc.

164Luke 2:32. "A light to lighten the Gentiles."

165Ps. 167:20. "He hath not dealt so with any nation."

166Matt. 26:27. "Drink ye all of it."

167Rom. 5:12. "for that all have sinned."

168Luke 12:32. "Fear not little flock."

169Phil. 2:12. "With fear and trembling."

170Mark 9:37. "Whosoever receiveth me, receiveth not me, but him that sent me."

171Mark 13:32. "No one knows, neither the Son, but the Father."

172"Clouds shadowed over the light."

173Mark 1:5. "All the land of Judaea, and they of Jerusalem, and were all baptized of him."

174Mark 4:12. "Lest they should be converted, and their sins should be forgiven them."

[175]Matt. 26:50. "Friend, wherefore art thou come?" [176]Ps. 2:1, 2. "Why do the heathen rage... and the rulers of the earth... against the Lord."

177Is. 8:14. "For a sanctuary and for a rock of offence."

178John 3:2. "We know that thou art a teacher come from God; for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him." [179]John. 15:24 "If I had not done... they had not had sin." [180]Matt. 12:25; Luke 11:17. "Every kingdom divided against itself."

181Luke 11:20. "If with the finger

Reply to
oldcarfart

little wine. Give him none, he cannot find truth; give him too much, the same.

  1. Man's disproportion.--This is where our innate knowledge leads us. If it be not true, there is no truth in man; and if it be true, he finds therein great cause for humiliation, being compelled to abase himself in one way or another. And since he cannot exist without this knowledge, I wish that, before entering on deeper researches into nature, he would consider her both seriously and at leisure, that he would reflect upon himself also, and knowing what proportion there is... Let man then contemplate the whole of nature in her full and grand majesty, and turn his vision from the low objects which surround him. Let him gaze on that brilliant light, set like an eternal lamp to illumine the universe; let the earth appear to him a point in comparison with the vast circle described by the sun; and let him wonder at the fact that this vast circle is itself but a very fine point in comparison with that described by the stars in their revolution round the firmament. But if our view be arrested there, let our imagination pass beyond; it will sooner exhaust the power of conception than nature that of supplying material for conception. The whole visible world is only an imperceptible atom in the ample bosom of nature. No idea approaches it. We may enlarge our conceptions beyond an imaginable space; we only produce atoms in comparison with the reality of things. It is an infinite sphere, the centre of which is everywhere, the circumference nowhere. In short, it is the greatest sensible mark of the almighty power of God that i
Reply to
Joe Roberts