stump the shop-60 lark camber adjustment

Hello; Local tire shop said they could do a alignment on my 60 lark convertible-bring it in. Got up at 6.A.M., be first in line. Alignment guy had all the spes,but couldn't figure out how to set the .camber. Nothing slides etc., end result- no charge get a shop maual and we'll do it. I have a 56 golden hawk manual showing the camber adjustment being made at the upper control arm outer pin. does the lark use the same procedure, or did they change the procedure for 1960.

Regards,Sheldon

Reply to
shel_elias

nope, it's all the same although some of the parts and specs are different everything works exactly the same way. Also that pin is your caster adjustment as well.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Sheldon,

From memory you are right in saying it is in the upper outer pin. By taking out one of the grease zerks an allen head adjuster is used to rotate the pin to move the steering knuckle's highest point away, or closer, to the center line of the vehicle. If the is the same way it's done for your 56 Hawk then you already know this.

Wiz.

Reply to
Wizard of Oz

Reply to
bobcaripalma

Use the procedure in the '56 manual. Loosen the pinch bolt at the top, turn the excentric with an allen wrench, through the rear grease fitting hole. This will set both camber and caster. Also, make sure the clamps for the tie rods have the bolts toward the front when they are done, or they will hit the oil pan on turns. KK

Reply to
keith_kichefski

Exactly the same procedure. FWIW, helps to take the load off the wheel by raising the car, doing an adjustment, lowering the car and check setting. It is a lot easier to turn the Allen key with the load off the pin. I use the SnapOn hex drive that fits a 3/8' ratchet wrench, makes life simpler....

Reply to
randee