Top news stories of the day (my viewpoint)

1) One of the five Aero-cars is for sale (in Colorado, I think) $2 1/2 million, I think) 2) "Asleep at the Wheel" is doing a play based on Bob Wills - I want to see it. 3) Only unmodified Liberty Ship is in San Diego this weekend. I've been on it in SanFran, England, and hope to visit it here.

Why no OT? The Areocar had / has a Champion engine, IIRC.

Karl

Reply to
midlant

wikkipedia says

Powerplant: 1x Lycoming O-290, 135 hp (100 kW)

Not that wikki is definitive.

p.d.

snipped-for-privacy@earthl> 1) One of the five Aero-cars is for sale (in Colorado, I think) $2 1/2

Reply to
Oujdeivß

Moulton Taylor built the Lycoming powered Aerocar. Waldo Waterman built the Champion powered Aerobile. I think I read somewhere that Studebaker bought Waterman out at one point, then later sold it all back to him.

Reply to
Dwain G.

Reply to
midlant