Who Would Do This? (ot)

I know Ol' Dave wouldn't, but I immediately thought of him because of the Coors ...

Reply to
Jeff Rice

In the 1990's a "famous" model rairoader died in his sleep. I knew he was off in never never land as he would call us every month for a list of each railroad car we released, the stock numbers, and if we ran any special runs for any distributors. This in the days we were printing 3500 to 5000 railroad cars a month. We printed them in 504 lots.

When his family found him, he had in his house over 35,000 railroad cars, no duplicates. He also helped author a book on collecting Model Railroad cars. It as similar to Jim's book on collecting Studebaker toys. It included dates they were released, the varences in road numbers and any special size differences in logos or reporting marks. What startled everyone was he had a railroad that was what they call a shelf railroad. It was built out from each wall and ran the entire house. I am not talking living and dining, I am talking thru every room, laundry, bathrooms etc. Beer cans I CAN SEE, collecting HO scale plastic cars, that is DUMB.

BG

Happy New Year to all

Reply to
Bill Glass

Some might say collecting "Stupidbakers" is dumb too. So the guy was a little eccentric in most people's opinion, but at least he wasn't hurting anybody enjoying his hobby in the privacy of his own home. It was his hobby that made him feel good. I mean, isn't that what a hobby is all about? Doing something that u consider is fun to do, or collect? Trying to find a little happiness in this crazy world? There are certainly worse things that one could do with their time and money.

Reply to
Pckstude

So, what's the problem?

Reply to