'02 Outback Sport Squeaking

I was hoping that someboday can help me out.

I have a 2002 Outback Sport which has been running wonderfully ever since I got it. It's now got almost 50,000 miles and I've got my first problem.

While driving at low speeds and turning right... in addition to being in reverse, I hear a loud intermentant squeaking noise coming from the front (maybe driver's side) tire area. As I increase in spead it increases in its fequency and eventually is not audible.

I would think that it is something with the brakes, but it happens whether I am hitting the breaks or not.

Any help would be great!

Thanks!

Reply to
Paul

Have the front brake pads inspected for wear. Bet you find the pads need replaced.

Reply to
johninKY

Awesome... thanks.

john> Have the front brake pads inspected for wear. Bet you find the pads need > replaced.

Reply to
Paul