91 Legacy Radio

Help, I want to remove the radio & install another one. How does it come out? Thanks

Reply to
Ken

Very gently!

Reply to
Hollywood

It depends on just which radio is already fitted. On my '93 Estate it's a pull-out-and-hide it type but I guess there's not too much difference. Usually there are two pairs of holes to the right and left extremities of the radio fascia. Insert a 1/8" rod into each hole and push until you feel the resistance slacken releasing the spring clips that retain the radio. You should then just be able to pull the radio out of its casing. If not, pull out the ash tray and remove two screws at the top front, not visible unless you look from under, and loosen one right at the back. You can dangle the tray on its electrical cable. Look from underneath how your radio is retained. HTH

Reply to
fopetesl