'03 Baja Cruise Control

If I'm going down the road on cruise control at say 65 miles per hour, then slow down using the cruise control stalk to say 60, the car runs kind of rough as if the brakes are being applied on and off. This is especially true when I am on a downgrade. Anybody else experience this kind of thing?

Jay M '03 Baja (5-speed) USA

Reply to
jMon

I have experienced the same thing in my '02 Outback (basically the same as car as your Baja). It was explained to me as the cruise control cutting the fuel to the engine to try and maintain the speed selected. On a downgrade, your car will want to speed up and the cruise is trying to maintain the 60mph by cutting the fuel to the engine.

-Kurt

jM> If I'm going down the road on cruise control at say 65 miles per hour,

Reply to
Kurt C. Hack