'03 Forester "wavy" bumpers

2003 Forester: The black bumpers on my Forester seem to be developing "wavy" patterns in them. Doesn't look too bad now but am wondering if they will get worse as time passes. Anyone else noticed this on their Forester? I am showing this to the District Manager when he visits my local dealership and would like some feedback from anyone else that has noticed this! Gracias!
Reply to
Zane Owen

Those are flow lines in the plastic from the molding process. My Forester has gray bumpers and I can see the same lines.

I can only guess that UV, the plastic drying out, and washing has removed a bit of the surface finish.

I assume they will become more pronounced over time because mine have become more obvious each year.

Reply to
Greg Smith