03 Impreza 2.5 stereo won't turn off!?!?

Today I was driving and stopped at a convenient store and left my car running with the stereo turned down while a CD was playing. When I got back in I tried to turn the volume back up, and it wouldn't do anything. It wouldn't eject the cd or let me turn the CD deck off at all... and the clock (not clock for time, but the one that keeps count of the song length) was stopped. THEN... I turned the car off a little later, and the stereo wouldn't turn off.. even after I took the key out, the CD just kept playing. I had to disconnect the positive cable from the battery to make sure it didn't drain my battery. I got back in the car later, turned the stereo on and the screen read "SYS". The CD played fine for a little while, and then did the same exact same thing again....

Anyone ever experience this?

Reply to
LastMinuteIndustries

Never read about that issue - but if it's common, the Audio Forum at

will have heard of it - try searching /posting there.

Carl

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

You don't mention if this is the factory stereo or an aftermarket unit. In either case (but more so for an aftermarket head unit) I would suspect a bad ground. If you can pull the radio, have a look at the wiring and make sure nothing is cut or missing.

Good luck...

Reply to
Hachiroku