'03 Outback timing belt

A friend changed my daughter's '03 Outback timing belt -- just the belt. Car was running fine at nearly 130k miles. Now she says it makes strange noises, doesn't want to turnover when she attempts to start it, and other seemingly unrelated issues.

Any suggestions on obvious things to check into? Sorry I don't have greater details in that she is at college.

Barry

Reply to
barrybowen3

When?

How old's the battery? Starter just clicking?

-- Todd H.

Todd H.

Battery and alternator checked out fine about a month ago. Electrical comes on but engine make no sound for about 10 or so attempts, then starts. I told her to check for a loose terminal connection. She did not mention the starter making any noise. A clicking starter means replace the starter. That one I know.

Timing belt was replaced a couple of weeks ago and after that is when things started to happen.

Different question on same car. The clutch goes almost to the floor before engaging. Is there an adjustment? Are the hydrolics controlled by the brake fluid or is there a separate fluid resevoir for the clutch?

Hear the hot weather is about to hit Chicago. Spent a couple of years by Wrigley and a few more near Schamburg.

Thanks for any suggestions you may have.

Reply to
barrybowen3