'03 WRX ABS Fix

I got the letter about the ABS problem with my '03 WRX Wagon. Since I've had the problem with the ABS and called the dealer to schedule the change.

Service manager said that the change changes the ABS and the regular breaking - and that 7 out or 10 people hate it after the change.

Has anyone done the change? Opinions??

MB

"Are all Librarians this much trouble?" Rick O'Connell The Mummy Returns

Reply to
M. Brumbaugh

I've heard only good things about the change. Me thinks the dealer just doesn't want to do the work.

Reply to
Mike Lloyd

I just purchased a '03 WRX a few weeks ago from a dealer. Is there a way to find out if the change was done? Also what was the issue?

I've got to admit I'm not really happy with the ABS in one situation. We have very rough roads in the Detroit area. I've been driving at say 10 MPH, start breaking, hit a series of bumps in the road and the ABS kicks in and have taking longer to stop. I wasn't breaking hard or even approaching lock up.

Reply to
Theodrake

Damn, should have searched web before asking about this. Just found the recall and it addresses the problem I'm having. I must say I didn't like how the ABS

Reply to
Theodrake

Follow up on this.

Went ahead and had the change done and while it's only been a week, I'm absolutely happy.

Looks like they were trying to discourage the 'warranty' work.

Annoying.

MB

Reply to
M. Brumbaugh

I wonder if this ABS fix is available for 2000 Outback too? I've seen this problem forever on it.

Yousuf Khan

Reply to
Yousuf Khan