03 WRX brake pads

Anyone know if the stock brake pads on a WRX are organic or semi-metallic ?

Reply to
Mike

OEM ones should be semi-metallic compound.

Reply to
Black WRX

Thanks for that, do you by anychance know if changeing to a ceramic pad with the stock rotors is ok ?

semi-metallic ?

Reply to
Mike

I've used Akebono ceramic pads on the stock rotors and they lasted a long time. Better braking than stock with almost no visible dust, no noise and minimal rotor wear. Not sure but I think the OEM pads may actually be ceramic-metallic.

Reply to
mulder

Reply to
Mike