1998 forester interior fan noise

hello, i just bought a 1998 subaru forester with 130k miles. the car runes perfect. the engine is very quiet and its a great car. only problem is the fan on the front passenger side makes a little squeely noise. u really have to listen to hear it but its there. has anyone else had this problem? and how do u fix it? how much does it cost to replace that fan? thanks

Reply to
glasceus

Edward Hayes

I've had this same problem and it was indeed caused by leaves. An easy fix.

Reply to
Rob1066

is this filter easy to get to? is it the same air filter they always check when changing the oil? i hope its just leaves that way i could just get them cleared out!!! thanks!

Reply to
glasceus

Reply to
Edward Hayes

thanks man, will do. i'll post the results of my findings. i also have to get a saldering iron to fix my clock. thanks

Reply to
glasceus

The cabin air filter service instructions can be found online at

Carl

1 Lucky Texan
Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan