Grand Am Fan Noise

I've got a 2001 Grand Am SE with a minor problem. The fan makes noise when its on like its brushing against something. It is very noticeable at speed 3 but is muffled above that point. I assume it is just brushing against something and maybe needs to be pushed back a little. How do I go about getting to the fan? Its still under warranty so should I just take it in? Anything else to look forward to breaking? Thanks

Reply to
Jeff

If it is still under warranty, take it in!

Reply to
Mike

I have the very same car and had the very same problem, it is a switch that is going bad, I don't remember what the fix was, but it only took a few minutes. There is a service bulletin about it but no recall.

Do you have the 6 or the 4 eng> I've got a 2001 Grand Am SE with a minor problem. The fan makes noise

Reply to
bp

The 4 cyl =( Maybe I'll take it in and get it taken care of. Any idea where I can get some info on the internet about the prob? Thanks for your help.

Reply to
Jeff