PT cruiser ac fan noise

My ac fan makes a slow knocking/ticking sort of noise, esp when I first start the car. It seems to go away (or other noise covers it up) after a minute or so. Anyone else ever have this noise and if so what caused it. Fan works properly on all speeds, all blend doors seem to be working correctly.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

Believe it or not, I experienced that same issue a few years ago. Turned out to be an autumn leaf that somehow got into the duct work and to the fan cage. Removing the fan motor is the way to get at it. But you can do what I did... run the fan on high for a while until the leaf is chewed up and become just debris.

Reply to
bobmct