1998 Indiana Legacy - Rear axle noise - crossmember?

Hi, I've had the front axel replaced on my Indiana-assembled 98 legacy and now hear a squealing coming from the rear of the car and am wondering if it is exactly this following "trouble spot" that I found on Yahoo! Autos:

"Rear axle noise: Vibration and noise from the rear when traveling over

65 mph on vehicles with AWD requires countermeasure dampers on the rear crossmember. (1997-99)"

I'm wondering, would that be the same "squealing" I hear that occurs between 60 mph and 70 mph? I'm also wondering, how dangerous? I'm also wondeirng, what's a "countermeasure damper"? I'm also wondering, how much money? I'm also wondering, if it happens so often why isn't it a recalled feature like my alternator was and can I get Subaru to flip the bill here as well?

I spent $200 on the front axel for this new-to-me used vehicle and am out of cash for a couple weeks.

Any thoughts?

THANKS CORY

Reply to
johncory