2.2 liter or 2.5 liter?

How do I tell if my 1998 Subaru Legacy SW has a 2.2 or 2.5 liter engine. I can't find it in the owners manual. Maybe I am looking the wrong place. I bought the car used. Reason I ask is to determine timing belt maintenance which varies between the 2.2 and 2.5 engine.

Reply to
snow

You may check with a dealer with VIN(vehicule identification number). There is more that one kind of timing belt on 2.2l engine. VIN is the answer.

"snow" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com...

Reply to
Philippe Javaux

My Soobie has a sticker in the engine compartment.

Reply to
Ragnar

Reply to
snow

On the 2.5 the spark plugs go THRU the cam covers. TG

Reply to
TG