2001 outback limitded realibility

Ok So I found a 2001 subbie outback limited with 71k, the dealer wants $9995, it has leather, sunroof heated seats, do you think i am getting a good deal? I am concerned about issues with the 2001's motors (an issued given by CR), and i also have some concerns about the car coming from an auction and not a local trade, ideas, opinions?

Reply to
illusion123a

I think the 2001 engines (the 2.5) have the external coolant 'weeping' problems. Not as severe as the internal leaks the late 90s had. But I agree the source of the car could be a bigger concern. As cars age, often the model reliability rating becomes less of a factor(many times issues that were problematic have already been fixed) than the care/use/abuse the car may have received from it's owners. If someone has a car repo'ed due to missed payments - what are the chances they had money for oil changes?

Carl

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan