cracked rear plastic under window on 2001 Outback LL Bean / window tinting

Hello all Subie Gurus-

I have a 2001 Outback LL Bean which has about 5 cracks in the piece of plastic that wraps across the rear hatch door under the window; running approximately vertically in different places. I don't know how this happened; nothing else on the door seems to be damaged, unless someone or something hit it just enough to crack that plastic.

Anyway, I am wondering if this has happened to anyone and if this piece can be easily replaced; and does anyone know the approximate cost to buy something like this?

Also, has anyone had their windows tinted on an Outback? Approximate cost of having this done? I am also thinking of having the sunroof glass tinted.

Thanks all in advance; this group has been a great help in the past. (except for the trolls and spammers that is)

Reply to
Jon Macey

The rear door garnish costs a bom, I had my Outback tinted for $3 per window at Tints 'R' Us

Reply to
Holly Wood

A rough estimate on tinting would be $150-$250 . Depends on the film you choose - madico would be OK and towards the lower end, Huper Optik allows better AM reception if your antenna is in the glass but is more expensive. Just call some tint shops.

email Jamie at

for the interior hatch panel or possibly investigate gettting the piece form a junkyard.

Carl

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan