2003 Legacy Wagon - woodgrain trim/6CD

My girlfriend just bought a new 03 Legacy L Special Edition wagon. She picked it up last night, and loves it in the (extremely) brief time she's had it.

Anyway, one of the things we didn't realize was that the fake woodgrain trim is only on the center console and not the door window switches standard. I've found a couple online Subaru parts places that sell the trim pretty cheap. Is it easy/possible to install this ourselves? I wouldn't be comfortable taking the whole door panel off, if that's what it entails.

Another question - does anyone else have the L with optional 6 CD? We ordered this but it isn't installed yet. But it appears that after it's installed, there will actually be 2 CD slots - in the changer and the original single CD head unit. Do both still function? I was hoping they'd just swap out the head unit for the one in the GT, but I doubt it!

It seems like this car really offers a lot for the money. There are a few things that seem a bit quirky, and a few things I would have thought might be standard (like maybe an additional power outlet in the rear compartment), but overall a great buy.

Thanks!

Reply to
Tex

In my '01 VDC wagon, there is a compartment that opens in the left rear side of the trunk area. In it is the additional power outlet you mentioned.

Don't know if it is the same on your later model, but worth a look.

Dukephoto '01 black VDC

55K miles and climbin'
Reply to
MDCORE

Will the 6 disc changer not just be a black box put in the boot ? (ie no 'slot')

Mine is and yes you can still use the single cd slot in the dash. Personally I think this is the best way. You can have your favorite discs in the boot but still load and play discs on the fly from the seat. I tend to never get round to refreshing the 6 in the boot unless I am travelling a long distance as it is a little fiddly, while you can jump in the car from home with a new disc in your hand and have it playing 60 seconds from getting in. Best of both worlds

Reply to
Richard Gary Clark

Someone actually posted directions on how to replace a light for the mirror defogger recently, with pictures that show how to remove this piece...pops right out with a screwdriver. You can find it here:

Gina H

Tex, I used the following to put wood grain in my Forester. It looks great and is easy to do. They are very nice there besides. Chas

btw, I have some pix if you want to see them, email me off list.

Reply to
Dj Blag