radio harness changed?

I need to replace original casette deck in my 1994 sentra and I want to use the same harness I am currently using...

I was looking for nissan OEM radios/cd-players and I am wondering if nissan keeps all its cars with the same harness? Will radio from altima fit sentra and vice versa? Are newer cars using the same two-connector harness like older ones?

What non-nissan cd-players with front loading cd would you recommend as a replacement with the same harness type? I do not need anything fancy: just regular FM radio + CD.

Reply to
Pszemol

Crutchfield sells adaptors that will fit your harness.

Reply to
info

there was a harness change. buy a new stero from

and use the harness that comes with it. it plugs into your car so nothing is modified. even use your original brackets.

Reply to
I'm Right

Hello All

We have one of the 2003 (new shape) Nissan Micra cars and we want to replace the factory standard single-DIN head unit with a differnt single-DIN unit - a Becker traffic Pro (GPS navigation/CD/radio).

Can anyone tell me the answers to the following questions please?

1) How do you remove the head unit from the dashboard?

2) How do you remove the dashboard itself?

3) Where is the wiring for the speed sensor , so that it can be fed into the Becker traffic Pro?

Cheers for any advice

RMC, England

Reply to
RMC

Hello All

We have one of the 2003 (new shape) Nissan Micra cars and we want to replace the factory standard single-DIN head unit with a differnt single-DIN unit - a Becker traffic Pro (GPS navigation/CD/radio).

Can anyone tell me the answers to the following questions please?

1) How do you remove the head unit from the dashboard?

2) How do you remove the dashboard itself?

3) Where is the wiring for the speed sensor , so that it can be fed into the Becker traffic Pro?

Cheers for any advice

RMC, England

Reply to
RMC

I have found the info - you are right... There are two major types of radio connectors: before 1995 was different one and 1995 and up different. Newer connector has more pins than the older. I have found a harness wires at

for about $5 each + S&H which is relatively low.

Reply to
Pszemol