Real or Memorex?

Hi,

I am wondering what the general rule of thumb is here. When it's time for an oil change do most of you go with synthetic or the "real" stuff?

Thanks

Justin F. Knotzke

I use Valvoline Durablend, best of both worlds. Actually, the best oil for your car is clean oil, change it often and don't worry.

Reply to
Jerry and Bea

If your car has a turbo, then only use synthetic. The very high temperatures that a turbo can reach (they can glow red in use) means that normal oil will burn and leave carbon deposits in the bearings, which can destroy a turbo in

20k miles.

I had an EVO, you had to change the oil at 4500 miles or problems (especially the rear diff) would occur. A lot of cars in the uk now have 10k oil changes where the same car in the US has 6k oil changes (MR2 for one), so for most average engines, its probably alright to extend it beyond the manu's recommendation, but is it worth it for the price of oil ?

Reply to
Richard Gary Clark