2003 Outback alarm problems

I recently bought a used 2003 Legacy Outback Limited in Canada. The battery was dead, and it was boosted couple of times. It works fine since, but I can't figure out the alarm disable/disarm combination. Basiacally the alarm is always on and I can not leave/make the doors unlocked. I have noname remote and it unlocks doors sometimes but the moment I open a door - it gets loocked right away and no other door can be opened. The only way to unlock the doors is to press and hold the power unlock button. The moment I let it go all the doors get locked right away. It is very annoying and possibly dangerous. Is this normal? Did you have a simillar problem? Does anyone know how to disable/disarm the alarm? Should it be reset because of the dead battery?

Thanks,

Vadim

Reply to
Vadim

Is there another remote inside the car or around it? I recently read a similar complaint about an infinity and the second remote was the culprit; it was being activated all the time.

Good luck.

Vadim wrote:

Reply to
AS

I bought a used outback wagon, owner had added second alarm with remote start...it also has factory alarm system that he said had to remain on the car as well.??...anyway the manual for the car will tell you how to disarm the factory system..but your factory remote will activate it again as soon as you command it to lock the doors.

my newer system also has a 'passive' alarm that sets itself automatically as soon as you leave the car....not good. had to figure out how to stop that too.

I returned from holidays to find my battery totally dead, and the new alarm on passive....so it might have drained the battery somehow ..has not happened before or since.

if you can't find manual for factory , e-mail me and I will send you instructions to disarm the factory system. snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com

Reply to
fotoman