2004 Impreza GX Hatrchback Alarm Immobilizer problems

Can someone help me please. My battery ran down (did not close hatch properly...doh) and there was a low alarm coming from under the hood. I started the ignition and got some dash lights but they faded and the alarm carried on. I then jump started with a jumper battery thinling that the alarm needed some juice to pick up my keys signal. I tried the ignition and nothing happened. Then all hell broke loose when the car alarm started in earnest. No amount of pressing the unlock/unlock button on my key solved the problem. I then reverted to switching the alarm off. The interior alarm still continued so i unhooked he battery and the low alarm stopped. My neighbours didn't appreciate my christmas day disturbances. I have tried today to hook up the battery and jumper battery the allarm is still screaming. I put the key in the ignition and got no dashboard lights just the infernal alarm. I have now inhooked the battery again and have to wait 2 days till the Subaru dealership is open.What is going on and HOW DO I GET THE CAR RUNNING AGAIN SO I CAN GO OUT FOR CHRISTMAS. Ho Ho Bloody Ho...

Reply to
Damian

I am definitely no expert, but maybe if you unplugged the computer, hooked up the recharged battery, then plugged the computer back in, it might reset the computer and all might be OK again. Maybe I am talking through my rear end, but it might be worth a try.

Reply to
Coggo

Thanks. I have just looked in the main fuse box and i have blown my 80A fuse . I must have shorted the jumper leads. I hope its only the fused I f****ed.

but why would the interior alarm still go?

Reply to
Damian

YOU MUST USE THE KEY AND TURN ON - OFF THE CAR 5 or 6 time in suscession. READ THE MANUAL. This is auto theft prevention if someone cuts your battery cable. Only the owner would have the key and be able to do this. Trust me.. happen to me.

Reply to
M. Butkus