1.8l GL

my 1988 gl is acting like it doesn't have andy fuel!! it will start and then maybe 5 mins later will stall out. everything up to the carb is working ie fuel pump, filters arnt clogged ect. any suggestions

Reply to
shaffer123

Possible cat converter clogged when it heats up? Coil failure at temp? I dunno. If no one here has a ny help for you, try posting in the proper forum (Old Generation?) at

Those guys are very good at getting older soobs running.

Carl

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

Time to determine whether the problem is fuel or ignition related. Assuming the engine does not restart immediately after stalling, try a spray of starter fluid down the carb throat. If you are rewarded by a "vroom" when you crank the engine, you aren't getting any fuel. Otherwise, suspicion falls on the ignition or on flooding.

Do you know if you still see a squirt of fuel from the accelerator pump if you look down the primary barrel of the carb and open the throttle, even right after the engine stalls?

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee