2004 WRX MPG drops

Has anyone else had a drastic MPG drop after a 15k service? I was averaging 24/25 mpg and I am now getting less than 12 mpg. the service said it was because of weather changes... seems like bs to me!

Reply to
Sam Soltan

I've seen noticable changes with seasonal change, but I think it's more because of the gasoline formula changing and the computer relearning it.

Try a tankful of Chevron premium and see what happens. If it still stays at

12, you've got a problem.
Reply to
Jim Stewart

I know "summer" and "winter" gasolines are formulated differently, but a

50% reduction in fuel economy? It's either leaking somewhere or you are pushing it through the engine. Check the spark plugs, looking for lots of black fluffy deposits.
Reply to
johninKY