2005 Legacy 2.5

The SUV people will be heading this way after their leases expire. Gas too expensive. I say they are with the right product at the right time

Love it!

Reply to
Watson

Hmmm...I'm scratching my head and wondering what planet PMS is coming from. You are talking about the 2.5 GT turbo model, right?

I own an Mitsu Eclipse GSX that has been "highly" performance modified. The Legacy GT turbo is the only car I've driven ( and I've test driven quite a few) that I would consider buying. I want a decent performance vehicle that must be AWD, manual transmission and that is a good platform for future performance upgrades. It also has to have four doors, since I've got kids and its now going to be the only vehicle. With that list of criteria you've only got a few cars to choose from. I consider turbo charged vehicles to be the best for affordable performance upgrades. Heck, for $1500 in parts that I can install myself, I can get the 2.5 GT well over 300 HP.

Bone stock, It does pretty darn well. A tick under 6 sec. for a 0-60 run is not too shabby. Curb weight is only 3300lbs with stock HP of

250 and torque of 250.

I can get the 2.5 GT manual trans model, with a short shifter and rear spoiler for $26,000. Please tell me what other turbo charged, AWD 4 door sedan can give me a better performance value? (Oh, I checked out the WRX (standard and STi) and Lancer EVO and they are more expensive, smaller cars -and WAY too "Rice Boy" for me).

Regards, Stuart

Reply to
Stuartmc

[...]

No I am not referring to the 2005 Legacy GT Turbo. I am referring to the normally aspirated 2005 Legacy.

Reply to
PMS