2006 Legacy UK spec stereo model

Can anyone tell me the model no. of the original equipment radio/CD fitted in a 2.0R Legacy? I've just ordered the car and the dealer wants a fortune for the CD changer so I'm looking to buy the changer from an audio dealer instead. I believe the OE stereo is a Kenwood unit. TIA, Martin

Reply to
Martin Whybrow

Have you looked at using your MP3 player instead. Useing a small fm transmitter and receiver through your radio. This is the way I went. Cost me 10pound on ebay, plus I already had an MP3 player. A lot cheaper than a cd changer..

Reply to
pipinmels

IIRC; the CD player in the 2006 will play MP3s.

Reply to
nobody

not on european models apparently

Reply to
pipinmels

MP3 capability was not added until the 07' model

Reply to
Jay Fowler