99 Camry Car stereo

My 99 Toyota Camry Radio/Cassette is not working, but the CD player is working. I showed it to my car dealer and he told that propbaly the motor is not working and asked me to replace the Tape and Radio.

If I have to replace a new one he said it would cost about $1100. Is it that expensive?

If I have to buy a third party stereo what are the best tape/radio systems.

Any Suggestions?

Thanks, Cane

Reply to
Cane

=_NextPart_000_000A_01C3FBA1.E03C71F0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

From my own experience, KENWOOD stereos are the best. I bought the one I have on my 96 Camry about 6 or 7 years ago, and it's = still running.

If you really want the OEM radio, you should try

you might = find it there.

Reply to
FORY

Don't even think of replacing with an OEM radio. That is the biggest rip in the car industry. A $200 aftermarket unit will perform far better than any standard OEM issue.

Lots of choices out there and you can spend lots more if you wish but as I say to duplicate the sound you had no need to go any higher than the aforementioned price in my opinion. Mike

Reply to
Artfulcodger

eBay or Circus City..............either should get good results if you shop carefully.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply MUADIB®

MUADIB®

I have a factory CD/Cassette radio out of my 01 LE that I am currently not using. I would be willing to negotiate a deal.

Thanks Andi

If you don't, it's its.

and likewise yours

Reply to
shatara

Suggestion 1: Never, ever go back to that Toyota dealer!

Was the dealer able to keep a straight face when he told you it would cost "eleven hundred dollars" to replace??? I replaced the crappy Toyota OEM radio/cassette/CD in my '98 Camry for less than $250 - installation included. Toyota wanted over $750 to replace the original with the same refurbished 5-year-old piece of crap. $1100 is mind boggling, even coming from a Toyota dealer.

The unit I had installed is a Kenwood KDC-MPV7019. It plays standard audio CDs and in addition, MP3 CDs that I burned from my computer. I have a total of five MP3 CDs in my car that hold over 800 songs and the sound quality is amazing compared to the original Toyota stereo. Check out

Good luck.

NRJ

Reply to
Navin R. Johnson

What is working other than CD player? Can you hear cassette motor running when PLAY / FF / REW?

If motor runs then possibly rubber belt connecting to motor pulley is bad.

Reply to
IceMan