2007 Legacy Wagon (not Outback) 17" wheels

This is a post regarding the 2007 Legacy Wagon... Last of its kind. Had test driven a used 2005 Legacy Wagon, liked it enough to have the dealer find a brand new 2007 Limited Only realized upon delivery that the 2007 only came with 17" wheels...the 2005 I had driven had 16" wheels, and my faithful 1998 had rolled along on 15". I am a big fan of some cushion in both rural and urban environments, but the ride on the 17" is comfortable enough (read as not bone jarring). Not sure I am ready for grown up tires yet.

However, with an impact break on a Yokohama Advan just 3000 miles into my new adventure, I was wondering if anyone had any insight or suggestions on inflation, or replacement of all 4 tires, or even "downgrading" the wheels to something smaller. The Advans are adequate at best. Traction is fine, but not especially impressed (especially for low profile) with cornering. Don't see replacing them with same. Have a replacement warranty on them should impact break re- cur, but that doesn't mend a bend rim.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Reply to
Mike

Hmmm....I suppose one thing you could do, is ask around some of the Forums and look on eBay if you need a single rim.

and
for example.

is a very good resource and online dealer of tires/rims . I have no connection but am a satisfied customer. I also have had extremely good luck at Discount Tire and will definitely give them the opportunity to match - or get close too - Tirerack prices next time I need tires. Also,
will have a few tire reviews.

So much depends on your weather and driving style and road conditions. And within a manufacturer can be big differences. I LOVE the Kumho ECSTA ASX-es on my WRX, but the Kumho Solus are only adequate on my wife's Outback. At least they were not expensive.

Carl

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan