2017 Legacy hands-free phone transfer setting

Dear Sirs,

I have a 2017 Legacy that I use with my iPhone SE while driving to receive/make phone calls via Bluetooth. When I initially set things up, it worked flawlessly, piping sound through the car's sound system when I would receive/make a phone call. I don't recall making a specific change, but recently, every time a call comes it rings properly, but when I accept the call, the car switches to phone audio, and to use it, I have to press the 'Transfer to phone' to make it use the car audio. I have not been able to change this behavior back to how it used to be, and I cannot find a setting, either in the phone, or the car. How do I make the default audio to be the car instead of the phone?

Any help would be appreciated.

Sincerely, Duane

Reply to
TheSeeker

I've had this same situation with various Bluetooth headsets and my phone too. I don't know what it is, but it seems like the Bluetooth connection just drops for a split second, and then comes back, but it's enough to make it look like the connection was not there and so it goes to the phone's speaker instead. I think perhaps if you have the option, maybe try to connect via USB instead?

Yousuf Khan

Reply to
Yousuf Khan

Thanks for the response.

Using USB may fix this issue, but really makes phone use while in the car inconvenient, as I usually have the phone in my pocket.

Sincerely, Duane

Reply to
TheSeeker

Some people choose to charge their phones while in the car, and that requires using USB anyways. Change your habit towards that instead?

Yousuf Khan

Reply to
Yousuf Khan

My wife's Forester requires a USB cable for phone charging- but my Toyota Avalon has a wireless Qi charging pad that I use to charge my phone.

Reply to
Wade Garrett

Hi,

I should have been clearer in my initial post. For the first year I owned the car, my phone worked fine through Bluetooth, and handled the use of the car audio correctly when on a call. I know the car/phone combination _can_ work correctly.

Something changed (probably on the phone, as the car has little in the way of customizeability), and it now acts differently. I deleted the phone, and re-paired it, but the behavior is the same: when I recieve a call while driving (phone connected via Bluetooth to the car) the car audio rings, and even tells me who is calling, but when I answer, the car/phone switches over to phone audio, and I have to manually press the 'Transfer to phone' button to get audio in the car.

I usually do not need to charge my phone and hook it up to USB in the car during the day, as my phone battery lasts multiple days.

Sincerely, Duane

Reply to
TheSeeker

Yeah, I had the same problem with my own phone and its bluetooth headsets. Everything was working perfectly fine for a long time and then all of a sudden one day it started having this problem, with no changes made by me or anything. It's likely due to a phone OS update that may have borked the Bluetooth handling. Nothing you can do about it unless Apple or Android release some kind of a fix to Bluetooth.

Yousuf Khan

Reply to
Yousuf Khan