RX400h Bluetooth and Treo 650 GSM phone

Just got the car and I love it, with one problem: the Bluetooth doesn?t seem to want to work with my Treo650 GSM unlocked phone! What gives? And why? The phone detects the Lexus Bluetooth, but the Lexus doesn?t want to give access to this phone! Please help! :cry: :cry: :cry:

Reply to
geofreyw

Set the option on the phone to allow wakeup, go through the setup process, and when the car is waiting to make connection dial a call from the phone. The car kit will pick up the call, and after that you should be good to go.

Reply to
jay

"jay" wrote: > Set the option on the phone to allow wakeup, go through the > setup > process, and when the car is waiting to make connection dial a > call > from the phone. The car kit will pick up the call, and after > that you > should be good to go.

Jay,

Thanks for all of your suggestions. the upgrade to the latest OS for the Palm certainly helped. I can now manage to kludge one phone call through the system at a time, but after each call I must go through the bluetooth ID process.

Thank you!

Reply to
geofreyw

I had a similar problem with my Motorola V600 talking to my LS430 bluetooth. Turned out that the phone's flash hadn't been programmed with a valid ID (the ID came up as "FFFFFFF"). Check the ID after you ID your phone, and if you don't see a valid hex address for the ID, get your phone replaced (or reflashed).

Good luck.

Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: >

Giga

> > Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report > abuse: > >
How do you ID the phone??

Reply to
geofreyw