3.0 L engine misfires

My check engine light came on; the dealer checked the codes and found three cyclinders misfiring. After tune-up (all plugs were changed) and the same day I drove 80 miles when the check engine light came on again; the next day the dealer checked the code and found four cyclinders misfiring! The dealer needed the vehicle for a day but no loaners were avaiable for me so I?m driving around (with engine light on) for a week when the original fan-belt failed. After having the belt replaced, the check engine light has not come on (going on 4-days and counting).

During this situation not once did I have any indication of misfires. I had a friend who had a code reader to check the cause the second time and the results confirmed the dealer?s findings. Can anyone relate to misfirings regarding unusal code readings versus maintence or (hard to believe) was it the fan belt?!

Reply to
dino

Odd, I once had the misfire-coded cel come on when driving to high altitude. I also wonder if bad/watery fuel could be the problem?

Carl

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan