7 deg F ... car starts first try !

'92 Legacy wagon.

First cold morning since I bought the car in July for $1,000.

211k miles.

Started right up ... Vrrrroooomm !!

WhoooHooo !

jw milwaukee

Reply to
J999w

Don't vehicles usually start easily at 7F? TG

Reply to
TG

Glad you are glad. In principle, there is nothing too unusual here. Ten years ago, my Subaru GL I bought for $200 served entire winter here, in Madison, WI. On average, we have

1.5F colder winters than you guys do. Hope you get more of yours than I did when the transmission failed in April :-)

DK

Reply to
D.K.

When the car is 11years old with > 200k miles and you've only had it in warm temps so far ... you just never know what's going to happen !

jw

Reply to
J999w

'86GL Wagon

Even when it hits -40 here in ND with Mobil 1 10-40; (sometimes the 15-50 if I've been lazy) I've never even plugged the beast in and she hits first try. Now when it gets 80+........... runs a bit rich, doesn't like warm just like me. :)

Reply to
pheasant

Being a fellow North Dakotan, I have to agree w/ pheasant, I run Amsoil 0-50 year round and never even bother plugging my car in, fires up every time.

Reply to
WRXtreme

BUT, wouldn't plugging it in on a 1 hour timer be so much nicer to the vehicle? TG

Reply to
TG

Dunno.

Has 110k and the only oil the engine loses is when the valve cover gaskets start leaking. :) Those aluminum jugs warm up fast enough for me.

Reply to
pheasant

Reply to
Tony Hwang